Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Migrating from Yahoo!

So, today I did something a little more complicated. I have been a Yahoo! account user for years, I mean years. Recently, whenever the date was they came out with the service, I upgraded to the Yahoo! Beta account service. Until becoming more and more familiar with Google's e-mail service, I thought that Yahoo's e-mail service was very good. Now, I like Google's e-mail even better though.
Anyways, today I went through and imported my calendar from Yahoo! to Google. Here are the steps to do so:

1. From my Google homepage, I clicked on the link titled, "How do I migrate events from Yahoo! calendar to Google calendar?
2. Then, I signed into my Yahoo! account & went to "Options"
3. I clicked the "Import/Export" button & chose the Export button
4. I saved my file onto my desktop
5. Back on my Google account, on the Calendar, I went to "Settings," "Import Calendar"
6. I clicked "Browse", went to "Desktop" & selected my the file I had saved & opened that file
7. From the dropdown menu, I selected calendar which I wanted to import events
8. I then clicked Import to complete the process

No comments: